Submission guidelines, Periods, and Terms:
- We’ll accept only one submission per person, so please do not submit in multiple categories.
- We don’t accept reprints unless solicited.
- We only accept .doc and .docx files. We like Times New Roman & 12pt font. Otherwise, it’s all good.
- We are moving to a seasonal publishing cycle, which means once we’ve accepted a piece and readied it for publication, we will publish it, but only at one piece per week. They will be organized by these seasons in our archives. This will allow us more time to focus on marketing a single story/poem by a single author.
- You can expect a response time of 3-6 months, sometimes sooner depending on our workload. We consider each submission carefully, and this time period ensures that your work will get the attention it deserves.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if a piece is published elsewhere. Be sure to formally withdraw the piece(s) in Submittable.
- Accepted submissions may be edited for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We will not make large changes without first providing you with a proof for your review prior to publication.
- Longleaf Review takes one-time non-exclusive electronic rights and archival rights to your work. At this time we do not mail out contracts. Currently, by submitting to us you are agreeing to the above terms.
- Unfortunately, we can’t afford to pay for work right now. We are working on that and hope this will change in the future.
- If your piece is accepted, please wait 6 months before submitting to us again. If it’s not accepted, you’re welcome to resubmit the next month.
- We’ve pledged with VIDA’s #saferLIT campaign. We will not tolerate any form of abusive behavior or bigotry in the stories we publish, nor the authors who write them. This means no anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, fatphobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, or stories that in any way perpetuate negative stereotypes.