Longleaf Review seeks to provide equitable opportunities for those interested in volunteer publishing experience and acknowledges that marginalized voices are disproportionately barred access across the field of literary arts. In supporting the work of women, caregivers, people of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, working class people, and other historically silenced voices, we strongly encourage applications from those with these identities.
Fiction Editor (posted November 7, 2021)
Deadline to apply: December 15, 2021
- 2–5 hours a week commitment
- Oversee reading, discussion, and organization of submissions through our Slack channel and GoogleDrive
- Work with co-editor to in responding to emailed withdrawal notifications and updating submissions list in GoogleDrive
- Attend Zoom-based editorial meeting to discuss and finalize each issue
- Regularly communicate with reading and editorial teams through Slack
- Collaborate/communicate with authors during the revision/editorial process of their accepted pieces, if necessary
- Previous managerial and/or editorial experience a plus but not required
- A brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit with Longleaf (touching on work ethic, the journal’s aesthetic, and previous editorial experience, if any)
- A list (or website) with your previous publications
- In lieu of previously published work, you can also supply us with a list of your favorite pieces published by other people, explaining why you chose them, and 2-3 unpublished pieces of your own
- A copy of your CV/Resume
Please submit all applications by email to longleafreview(at)gmail(dot)com.