Join the team
We want to provide an inclusive space for anyone interested in volunteer publishing or nonprofit experience. If you’d like to help us shape who this publication looks and sounds like, and who gets to be a part of this literary community, join us.
You can email all application materials to longleafreview(at)gmail(dot)com. Please include the position title in the subject of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Volunteer Grant Writer
We’re looking for a grant writer to volunteer with our small nonprofit. This person will help us research, cultivate, and develop grant proposals. Our goal is to pay our writers, pay our editors, ensure the longevity of the journal, and kick off a free to low-cost writing workshop program.
- 2–5 hours/week commitment
- Research and develop grant proposals, including RFPs and LOIs, to final reporting on grants received if required by the funding entity.
- Oversee grant process to ensure compliance with funder requirements, and that documents are collected and submitted according to grant deadlines.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Slack and Google Drive
- Responds directly to the board; coordinates periodically with the editor in chief and publisher.
- An email with a statement of interest and your resume or CV.