We are currently closed for submissions.
- Submissions will open again in late fall, date TBD.
- You can generally expect a response time of 2-3 months. We consider each submission carefully, and this time period ensures that your work will get the attention it deserves.
- For fiction and CNF, you may submit one piece <5,000 words or three flash pieces <1,000 words each. For poetry, you may submit 1-5 poems.
- We’ll accept only one submission per person, so please do not submit in multiple categories.
- We only accept submissions via the Google Forms below; please do not email your submission to us.
- We only accept .docx files. Please include your email address and any relevant content warnings on the first page. We like Times New Roman & 12pt font. Otherwise, it’s all good.
- We don’t accept reprints unless solicited.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if a piece is published elsewhere. Be sure to formally withdraw the piece(s) via email to email@example.com with the title and genre of the piece and “WITHDRAW” in the subject line.
- If your piece is accepted, please wait 6 months before submitting to us again. If it’s not accepted, you’re welcome to resubmit as soon as we open again for submissions.
- Accepted pieces may be subject to substantive and/or copy edits. Editing is a collaborative process with the author. We won’t make any major changes without your approval.
- We pay $20 per author in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. All authors in the current issue will also receive free priority registration for our next Weekend Workshop Intensive. We are unable to pay for reviews at this time.
- We’ve pledged with VIDA’s #saferLIT campaign. We will not tolerate any form of abusive behavior or bigotry in the stories we publish, nor the authors who write them. This means no anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, fatphobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, or stories that in any way perpetuate negative stereotypes.
- Longleaf Review takes one-time non-exclusive electronic rights and archival rights to your work. At this time we do not mail out contracts. Currently, by submitting to us you are agreeing to the above terms.