Submissions are CLOSED.
Please read our submission guidelines below then submit using the forms at the bottom of this page.
- For fiction and CNF, you may submit one piece <5,000 words or up to three micros (<500 words each), in one document. For poetry, you may submit 1-3 poems in one document.
- We’ll accept only one submission per person, so please do not submit in multiple categories.
- We only accept submissions via the Google Forms below; please do not email your submission to us.
- We only accept .docx files, and we like easy-to-read 12-point font.
- Please include your name, pronouns, and any relevant content warnings on the first page. We prioritize #OwnVoices submissions, so if your work centers the knowledge or experience of a marginalized group, please also include an identity statement on the first page so we know your relationship to that group.
- We don’t accept reprints unless solicited.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if a piece is published elsewhere. Be sure to formally withdraw the piece(s) via email to email@example.com with the title and genre of the piece and “WITHDRAW” in the subject line.
- If your piece is accepted, please wait 6 months before submitting to us again. If it’s not accepted, you’re welcome to resubmit as soon as we open again for submissions.
- You can generally expect a response time of 2-3 months. We consider each submission carefully, and this time period ensures that your work will get the attention it deserves.
- Accepted pieces may be subject to substantive and/or copy edits. Editing is a collaborative process with the author. We won’t make any major changes without your approval.
- All authors in the current issue will receive free priority registration for our next Weekend Workshop Intensive. We are unfortunately no longer able to offer monetary payment.
- We’ve pledged with VIDA’s #saferLIT campaign. We will not tolerate any form of abusive behavior or bigotry in the stories we publish, nor the authors who write them. This means no anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, fatphobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, or stories that in any way perpetuate negative stereotypes.
- Longleaf Review takes one-time non-exclusive electronic rights and archival rights to your work. At this time we do not mail out contracts. Currently, by submitting to us you are agreeing to the above terms.