Subs open in May!
- Submissions will open in May for our Summer 2020 issue.
- You can expect a response time of 3-6 months, sometimes sooner depending on our workload. We consider each submission carefully, and this time period ensures that your work will get the attention it deserves.
- We’ll accept only one submission per person, so please do not submit in multiple categories.
- We don’t accept reprints unless solicited.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if a piece is published elsewhere. Be sure to formally withdraw the piece(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the piece and “WITHDRAW” in the subject line.
- We only accept .docx files. Please include your email address on the first page. We like Times New Roman & 12pt font. Otherwise, it’s all good.
- If your piece is accepted, please wait 6 months before submitting to us again. If it’s not accepted, you’re welcome to resubmit as soon as we open again for submissions.
- Accepted submissions may be edited for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We will not make large changes without first providing you with a proof for your review prior to publication.
- We pay $20 per published piece in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. All authors in the current issue will also receive free priority registration for our next Weekend Workshop Intensive. We are unable to pay for reviews at this time.
- We’ve pledged with VIDA’s #saferLIT campaign. We will not tolerate any form of abusive behavior or bigotry in the stories we publish, nor the authors who write them. This means no anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, fatphobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, or stories that in any way perpetuate negative stereotypes.
- Longleaf Review takes one-time non-exclusive electronic rights and archival rights to your work. At this time we do not mail out contracts. Currently, by submitting to us you are agreeing to the above terms.